such a cool project

i am setting up a nextcloud instance soon and i would love to be able to use
mailpile with my nextcloud

what do people think about that idea

would it be possible to get this added to future plans for mailpile

i have searched nextcloud mail github topic
and they recommend you to use mail in a box if you want
to host your own mail server

Bjarni would it be ok with you if i ask around in the nextcloud project on github
if anybody is interested in using mailpile as mail server solution for selfhosting on nextcloud

i think this could be a cool way to maybe get some more people interested in the project aswell

btw i am not a developer
so if this is not a good idea please comment

:slight_smile:

Hmm there is not many responses does nobody have an opinion about this suggestion

So I handle the digital services of a number of activist groups and outsider political candidates. Security is a big thing for me. I also have multiple NextCloud instances. I’d been using Ionos mail servers and webmail clients along with recommending that people use Thunderbird or the webmail client. They’re pretty tight but the NextCloud mail client is garbage. If you install Mailepile on a server as a webmail client, it looks like it could be set up as an available app already. I’m about to give it a shot. I’ll let you know.

Run a Nginx allowing embed:

Set up Mailepile as a webmail client:

And frame your domain with external sites in Nextcloud:
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/external

Hi, sorry about the late reply - but I had to chime in and say that those links are VERY obsolete, and were when that comment was posted last year. :slight_smile:

Ubuntu 15 is 8 years old now! And the article is recommending use of GnuPG 1.4, which is also obsolete and potentially insecure (if I recall GnuPG 1.x did not handle EFail very well, 2.x fared better). And of course, Mailpile v1 itself is no longer maintained and I do not recommend people use it for anything serious.

I’m sorry we failed to get Mailpile v1 to a point where it was suitable for this kind of thing. We tried, but it just didn’t work! Wish me luck for v2. :grin: