Apache RewriteMap is broken on server with multiple vhosts and virtualmin

Hi, I have an Ubuntu server with virtualmin/webmin installed with several virtual hosts. I’ve decided to try mailpile but I get stuck after installation. When I go to my servers domain.com/mailpile, I’m greeted with

Oops, Apache RewiteMap is Broken

Your Apache does not appear to be respecting the RewriteMap configured by mailpile-admin.py.
This probable means this VirtualHost has RewriteEngine On for its own purposes.
To inherit the Mailpile rewrite rules, add this to your virtual host config: RewriteOptions Inherit
Restart Apache: apache2ctl restart 

Good luck! :slight_smile:

So I’ve done this and added “RewriteOptions Inherit” in my /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain.com.conf
but it doesn’t change anything.
I’m now stuck because I can’t find any info on this anywhere and I don’t know what to try.

Any help is appreciated!

Eventually I was able to get it working. Seems like I added the “RewriteOptions Inherit” to the wrong config, it was supposed to go in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/domain.com.conf instead… So it’s up.

Now to the next problem. I can’t log in… I can log in fine through command line and have run setup through mailpile -> setup -> enter password etc. But when I try to login with that user in the webinterface I arrive at:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I’ve checked the apache2 error log but I don’t know what to make of it. I’m unable to copy the log (not allowed as a new user) so I’ve uploaded a screenshot

Hope someone knows what to do…