Mailpile just hangs?

ah, that i should have been able to figure out :expressionless:
ok, tried it, and the tor browser came up and I am at the point where I was before that torbrowser gives me an ā€œunable to connectā€ error when trying to connect to localhost:33411

I just re-checked my notes, and then checked the default browser and when I do
user@host:~$ xdg-settings get default-web-browser
firefox-esr.desktop
so I am not sure about the issue because I am able to start up firefox-esrā€¦ sigh.

Anyway, for now what is working is just to manually start up ff, then go to localhost:33411
then I am on my way. Ah the things we do for love (of mailpile in this case).

Thanks again for your patience and if there is anything I can test or more output I can give to help the bug please let me know.

Cheers

You can, on the Mailpile CLI do this to prevent Mailpile from spawning a browser at all:

mailpile> set prefs.open_in_browser = false

That at least reduces the annoyance. There may also be Tor Browser settings to allow it to connect to localhost (Iā€™m sure itā€™s prevented as part of a general security paranoia policy), but youā€™ll have to check their docs for that.

First time here! So getting a lay of the land. Iā€™m still trying to figure out how to create the avatar pick. Anyhow- glad to find a community with privacy and human rights in mind. Thank you!

Iā€™m being blocked quite a bit by Apple- theyā€™ve blocked all my apps so am just trying to communicate with someone